I am in the hard years or maybe they are the golden years. I am still not sure.
My life, when I look at this past year, was very full of great times and memories. However, they are mostly memories that I made for other people.
This year, my main goal is to make sure that I make some memories for myself. That might sound a tad bit selfish, but in doing things for other people, I want to make deliberate memories for me as well.
Often I find myself doing something because I should, I was asked to or because it is the right thing to do. This year, I want to take things a little slower.
This year has been a rapid whirlwind of one thing after another and I would love that to change, but I am not sure if it will!
I am going to go back to my list of things to do in the year. Life has been very busy, so instead of one thing every week to do, I am going to to two things a month. I am so boring right now, these things would be pretty exciting! They are not in any order, so I will cross them off as the time comes!
- Read a book from a genre I do not usually enjoy.
- Eat a food from an International Cuisine that is foreign to me.
- Write and mail off three letters
- Read to my children a book I enjoyed from childhood
- Have a tea party with my boys
- Have tea with a friend
- Invite someone over for dinner
- Go out to eat at a place I have never eaten before
- Invite a friend on the spur of the moment to go and do something with me. If they say now, keep asking others until you get someone to go with you.
- Write a magazine article and mail it in
- Edit one of my stories
- Change batteries in the smoke alarms
- Clean out the dry vent hose
- Start seeds in the house, research how to heat the green house
- Go visit a friend that you have not seen in the last month
- Stay home for three days in a row
- Walk 100 miles in two months
- Do science experiments with the boys, instead of reading about them or making other people do them
- Teach H. how to bake bread
- Teach L. how to make cookies
- Teach T. how to tie his shoes better
- Teach P. how to study better
- Practice patience with F.
- Take 15 minutes of silence as often as possible, for one week.